Use this article to assist in troubleshooting CD-WT-14, CD-WT-05, CD-WT-AW. Since this kit consist of a windshield trim, two AW converters and also the bikes wiring we need to identify the cause of the symptom. Confirm these steps if you loose white or amber LED function, if the white LED's are illuminating when the amber is flashing or you have no passing lamp/ stock turn signal function.
- Identify the parts that make up the Batwing Windshield Trim kit. Refer to Photo 1.
- Confirm that the wires have not been pulled from the connectors and/or there are no loose pins in the connectors.
- Swap the Left and Right Light Connectors (Point A in Photo 2 Below).
- Turn the bike on and test for Run, Left and Right Turn signals. During turn signal operation, the Windshield Trim will illuminate on the opposite side that is activated.
- If the issue stays on the same side of the windshield trim the issue is in the windshield trim. If the issue is now on the opposite side of the Windshield Trim, the problem is in the A/W Converter Harness or in the Bike’s wiring. Continue to the next step.
- Swap the Left and Right Pass Through connectors on the A/W Converter. (Point B in Photo 3 Below).
- Turn the bike on and test for Run, Left, and Right Turn signals. During turn signal operation, the Windshield Trim will illuminate on the same side that is activated.
- If the issue is now on the original side of the Windshield Trim , there is a problem in the main wiring harness. If the Issue is now on the opposite side that originally had the issue, there is a problem in the A/W Converter.