These guidelines should be followed when determining turn signal and module fitment for International Harley-Davidson® (HDI) models. It is recommended information be confirmed through photos to ensure correct fitment.
Front Turn Signals:
International models come equipped with 1156 front turn signal bases which function as turn signal only. These can be replaced with Custom Dynamics® 1156 Amber turn signal options which would be a 100% plug and play installation option.
Custom Dynamics® also offers a International Dynamic Ringz™ option with the 1156 bulb base which plugs into the factory turn signal socket with an extended white wire that can be run to accessory/run power to illuminate the outer white ring of LEDs for a running light. This does require a small hole to be drilled in the reflector and the white wire to be routed through the back of the housing. Typically the closest location to access constant power is the motorcycle headlamp. Detailed Installation Instructions are also available for review.
Rear Turn Signals:
Some international models come equipped with 1156 rear turn signal bases which function as turn signal only. These can be replaced with Custom Dynamics® 1156 Amber or 1156 Red turn signal options which would be a 100% plug and play installation option. ECE regulations require turn signals to be Amber in color.
- US models with center taillight/1156 rear turn signals will have the exact same rear lighting configuration as the HDI models.
- US models with 1157 rear turn signals may have a center taillight/1156 rear turn signals OR have come stock with a factory LED turn signal which functions as run, brake, & turn behind an Amber colored lens. These are completely sealed units and the lens is not removable. Custom Dynamics® does not offer a replacement for these turn signals. The housings would have to be converted to those with a 1156/1157 socket.
Modules & Connectors:
- CanBus model years will be the same between US & HDI models.
- All US models with a HD main wire harness connector will also have HD connector as an international model with turn signal only power wires. (Signal Stabilizer™, SMART Triple Play® & Magic Strobes™ fitment remains the same between US and International models).
- US model 2010-2013 Harley-Davidson® Street Glide® and Road Glide® Custom that come with SS6 main wire harness connector should be verified with photos as international equivalent models have been verified with both an HD and SS6 connector. These international models will typically have a center taillight and rear 1156 turn signals.
- US model 2010-2012 Street Glide® CVO™, 2009 Road Glide® CVO™, 2012-2013 Road Glide® Custom CVO™, 2013 Road King® CVO™ that come with the SS8 main wire harness connector will also have the SS8 connector as an international model. Typically the OEM rear fender LED panels are Amber and function as turn signal, with a center taillight added to the fender as run/brake.
- US models with the BCM main wire harness connector will have the same BCM connector as an international model. The BCM is typically programmed for international models with turn signal only power on the turn signal wires (instead of brake/turn on US models that come with 1157). In this regard, if rear lighting setup has been confirmed as 1156 turn signals on a 2014-2020 International Street Glide (as an example) the GEN-SMART-TPU-BCM can be offered as a solution to achieve run, brake, & turn on the rear.
When evaluating module compatibility, keep in mind International models all have turn only power wires. After confirming factory rear lighting set up and main harness connector (as needed) Custom Dynamics® may offer a compatible module for the customer’s application. Only US fitment is listed on our website.