CD-TP-LIGHT / CD-SB-LIGHT Testing Instructions
Basic Operation: 12vdc is supplied to the controller from the Battery. The remote lights are controlled by 3 wires Red (+12vdc), Black (Ground), and Yellow (Switch Leg). When the button on the light is pressed it shorts the Black and Yellow wires in the light sending the ground back to the controller. When the controller is grounded on the Yellow it will turn on and put +12vdc out on the Red wire to Illuminate the light and start the shutdown timer. If the button on the light is pressed again, with the light illuminated, shorting the black and yellow and sending ground back to the controller it will shut the ligh toff. The controller will automatically shut the lights off after 5 minutes.
Testing the Controller:
NOTE: You must use a Digital Volt Meter for testing. You can NOT use a test light Testing the Controller
1. Connect the controller to a 12vdc power source
2. Connect a Digital Volt meter to the Red wire on one of the light connectors and to ground.
- You should have 0vdc on the meter
3. Momentarily short the Yellow and Back wires of the connector.
- You should have +12vdc on the meter.
4. Momentarily short the Yellow and Black wires of the connector.
- You should have 0vdc on the meter.
5. Momentarily short the Yellow and Back wires of the connector. You should have +12vdc on the meter, wait 5 minutes.
- The controller will shut off and you should have 0vdc on the meter.
6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 to test the other controller output connector.
Testing the Lights:
1. Connect the Red wire to +12vdc and the Black wire toGround.
- The light should illuminate.
2. Remove the light from the power supply and set your Digital Volt Meter to Ohms.
3. Connect the Black wire from the light to one of the meter leads and the Yellow wire from the light to the other meter lead.
- You should have a reading of 0 ohms (open circuit)
4. Press the button on the light.a.You should have a meter reading of approx. 1ohms (short circuit)